Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today.
UK delivery appr. 1-3 workdays.
Intl delivery appr. 3-7 workdays.
- Order number: WALL-MAR19-EDGE
- Publisher Wallpaper
- Weight: 0,76 kg
Welcome to the exciting Wallpaper* journey through the world of fashion.
Prada has reinforced its position at the forefront of fashion and architecture by collaborating with Kazuyo Sejima, Cini Boeri and Liz Diller, arguably the three most influential female architects working today. Wallpaper invited Diller to model her very own metamorphic wearable luggage.
Elsewhere Wallpaper visit Chanel’s métiers d’art workshops, hold up Dior’s intricate couture-like take on menswear, and go for a digital detox with Apple and Hermès in the Yakushima forest in Japan.
Albrecht Dürer-inspired pleats and drapes feature in the cover story by Brigitte Niedermair and Isabelle Kountoure. Working with a 4x5 large-format camera, Niedermair is a master of creating iconic images, soon to be celebrated at the Venice Biennale in May.
Architect Farshid Moussavi and curator Andrew Bonacina visit Magdalene Odundo as she prepares for her biggest show, at The Hepworth Wakefield, and profile the return of acclaimed menswear designer Adam Kimmel, now redefining the communal workspace as chief creative officer at WeWork.
And, as sustainable thinking has been at the front of our minds for a while, Wallpaper look at the boom in plant-based materials used in fashion and accessories, from pineapple trainers to apple leather.
Finally, with Takashi Murakami’s tuna nigiri, Wallpaper proudly celebrate the 100th dish in their artists’ recipe series. Ed Ruscha typed out his cactus omelette recipe and sent it in the post, Tipp-Ex marks and all, William Eggleston offered up his shepherd’s pie, Cindy Sherman her gnocchi, John Baldessari a platter of eggs, polenta, spinach and bacon.
There was also Erwin Wurm’s deep fried gherkin, Maurizio Cattelan’s Venetian-style cat casserole (no cats were harmed in the shoot), Luc Tuymans’ oxtail consommé, Tom Sachs’ baked Alaska (created according to an exact diagram he provided), and Daniel Buren’s oysters and truffle. Bon appetit!
- Strong suit - Women’s tailoring mans up
- Big data - Pom-poms, peonies and pants – the catwalk shows in numbers
- Swathed in glory - We have drape expectations this season
- Modern family - Relative values at a new Carmody Groarke house in London
- Wild west - Big skies and tight cuts at a guardhouse in Palm Springs
- Sharp break - Time out from looking hot in the kitchen
- Super food -Art you can eat – the conceptual cuisine of Lei Saito
- Earth works - Ceramic artist Magdalene Odundo has the world in her hands
- Life studies - Venice exposure for our newsstand cover photographer Brigitte Niedermair
- Adorn again - Kim Jones brings couture finesse to men’s ready-to-wear at Dior
- Shoulder charge - Is it a bag? Is it a dress? Architect Liz Diller dons her wearable luggage for Prada
- Artist’s palate - Takashi Murakami’s tuna nigiri front of book
FRONT OF BOOK
- Newspaper - From sculptable dresses to crafty corners, men’s wedding rings to layered perfumes
- The Vinson View - Plastic-loathing Picky Nicky is in a lather about hotel amenities
- Port of cool - Beiruti design’s new bounce
- Peel deal - Go bananas for sustainable, fruit- and veg-based fashion
- Master makers - From fantastic featherwork to extraordinary embroidery, behind the scenes at Chanel’s métiers d’art ateliers
- We generation - Fashion designer-turned-WeWork creative chief Adam Kimmel on his new dedication to desk space
- WallpaperSTORE* - Refined design delivered to your door
- Subscribers since… 1996 - Wallpaper* and other collectibles at Jonathan Anderson’s Paris office
- Natural Fit - An ancient Japanese forest, technocraft and the Apple Watch Hermès Series 4
- Departure Info - Modernist villas in Crete and a desert retreat in Sharjah
Wallpaper* is produced by TI Media Limited (formerly IPC Media), Britain’s leading publisher of print and digital magazine content. Engaging with almost half of all UK adults via print, and award winning websites reach over 28 million global users every month. TI Media Limited's diverse print and digital portfolio offers something for everyone.
TI Media Limited creates content for multiple platforms, across print, online, mobile, tablets and experiences. The portfolio covers 60 iconic media brands include Decanter, Country Life, Horse & Hound, NME, What's On TV and Wallpaper*.