Logical Connections Limited
When would we collect information
LC may collect personal information which we receive when:
- you use our website
- you use our services
- you contact us
- you are a recipient, or potential recipient, of our services
- you are a customer
- you work for us
- you supply services to us
- you send us your CV or apply to work for us
Information we collect
We may collect the following types of information:
- your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and other contact details
- information required to provide you with a service, and details of our services that you have used
- your company’s name, your position in the company; the company’s address, company’s email address and telephone number
- information collected through your use of our website
- details of any enquiry or complaint you make to Logical Connections Limited
- all communications to and from you by email or post.
How will we use the information about you?
We will use and store the information that you provide in order to:
- give you a quotation for one of our products or services
- provide you with information on products and services that you may request from us
- enhance or improve customers' experience of our products and services and our website(s)
- give you access to our support portal for training & documentation
- invite you to events that you might find of relevance
- improve and develop our services
- protect security e.g. to check your identity when you use our services
- carry out financial checks and for other finance related purposes such as credit checks, collecting payment and accounting
- create and analyse sales performance statistics
- undertake marketing including email newsletters, but only if you have given us explicit consent to do so
- comply with any regulatory requirements.
Who will we share your information with?
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may need to disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- if LC, or substantially all of its assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Your information and your rights
You have the following rights:
- To be informed about how we obtain and use your information
- To ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you
- To have your information corrected if you inform us of any incorrect details
- To request to have your information erased (the ‘Right to be Forgotten’)
- To object to the processing of your information
- To have information you provided to us, returned to you, in a machine-readable format
- To withdraw your consent to the processing of your information, at any point
- To object to any decisions based on the automated processing of your personal data
- To lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
If you would like to use any of these rights please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long we keep personal information
LC will only retain personal information for as long as it needs it to carry out a particular purpose or meet a particular obligation.
Keeping personal information accurate
LC will ensure that personal information is kept accurate and up to date as far as is reasonably possible. However, LC relies on customers to ensure that some of the information it holds about them is accurate and up-to-date. We encourage customers to inform LC of any changes to their information.
A customer may allow LC to provide them with information about products and services from LC which may be of interest to them. LC will only do this where a customer has agreed to receive such information. You agree to receive marketing information:
- from LC about our products and services by choosing to opt-in in marketing communications we send to you
- from LC about its products and services where you provide your details in the course of purchase or negotiations for the purchase of a product or service
Changing your marketing preferences
You can change marketing preferences at any time through the link provided at the bottom of our marketing emails. If you choose to Unsubscribe, that means that you wish to no longer receive marketing communications from us, and we will comply with that request immediately.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, we will use it for that purpose. You can change your mind by emailing us at email@example.com or simply by clicking the unsubscribe link in the communications we send.
Access to personal information
LC provides customers with access to their personal information and the opportunity to amend and update their details or preferences (including consent to receive marketing communications) in order to keep the information up-to-date and accurate. This can be achieved by contacting us via the CONTACT US page on our website or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the ability to unsubscribe from future communications by clicking on the Unsubscribe link, either at the bottom of any marketing email we send you.
Requesting a copy of your information
You can request details of personal information LC holds about you, including on our websites’ databases, by contacting us. See ‘How to contact us’.
Requests must be made in writing; there is no fee for doing this. Proof of identification is required in order to provide and protect your information. We also require sufficient details to be able locate your information. For example, dates and details of the websites, products or services that you have used. An optional application form may be provided to assist us in locating the information you require.
Security and storage of information
The security and storage of your personal information is very important to us. The personal information we collect from you is stored by us on secure servers, protected through a combination of physical and electronic access controls, firewall technology and other security measures. We have put in place measures to guard against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Although we use market-standard security software to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted by you to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Keeping your personal information secure
LC is committed to keeping customers’ personal information secure to protect it from being inappropriately or accidentally accessed, used, shared or destroyed, and against it being lost.
Cookies are small text files that our website applies to your computer when you visit our website; these help us to distinguish you from other users of our website, and help us to improve our applications and services.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on to your computer by websites that you visit. They are used to make websites work, to improve efficiency of websites, to improve the user’s experience and to provide usage information on websites.
Your web browser can choose whether or not to accept cookies. Most web browser software is initially set up to accept them.
How can you disable cookies?
We may offer cookies to you, and you should ensure that your web browser is set up to not accept cookies if you do not wish to receive them. Please note that if you disable cookies, some services or website functionality may not be available. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to aboutcookies.org.
What cookies do we use?
We use the following cookies:
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, and to use online forms.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to you.
By continuing to use this site, you are accepting our use of these cookies and further help us to improve the site.
Other sites and Social Media
Transfers of personal information outside of the UK
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Should a legal need arise to transfer personal information about customers to third parties located outside the UK, we will ensure that information is protected to a level which meets the requirements of UK law.
This website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how visitors use this site. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are small text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. Note the deliberate emphasis of anonymous, as no personally identifiable information is collected about you unless you explicitly submit that information on this website.
The anonymous information generated by Google Analytics cookies about your use of this website is transmitted to Google. This information is processed to compile statistical reports on website activity for this site only.
We take your privacy, and protection of your personal information, very seriously. If you have any questions, comments or queries about the way we are collecting or using your personal information, please contact the Data Protection Officer at Logical Connections Limited, 5 Oyster Park, Chertsey Road, Byfleet, Surrey, KT14 7AX, UNITED KINGDOM, or email us at email@example.com.
If you have a concern about the way in which we are collecting or using your personal information, you may also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office directly at https://ico.org.uk/concerns.